18 April 2019
Minister for Disability Services and Community Development
Fostering a more inclusive Tasmania
The Hodgman Liberal Government is committed to creating a confident and inclusive community where all Tasmanians are treated fairly, with respect and have an equal opportunity to engage in Tasmanian life.
The Government’s LGBTI Grants Program provides funds to community organisations, tertiary intuitions and local government, and is aimed at creating a more accepting, diverse and resilient LGBTI community by fostering inclusion and respect for all Tasmanians.
Four organisations will receive a share of the $50,000 program for five projects in 2019.
The projects to receive funding are:
- Enhancing Tasmanian health professional’s capacity for LGBTI-inclusive care;
- Research on understanding acceptance and discrimination for LGBTI employees in Tasmanian workplaces;
- Pride in Diversity training for local government staff;
- TasPride Festival Goes Statewide; and
- Safety in our community: Are we there yet? to increase understandings about the lived experiences of LGBTI individuals, families and allies in the Huon Valley.
More Media Releases from Jacquie Petrusma
More Media Releases from the Minister for Disability Services and Community Development