19 May 2014
Minister for State Growth
Department of State Growth
The Liberal Government is committed to creating jobs and a
driving force behind that will be the new Department of State Growth.
The Department of State Growth will be formed using the
existing capabilities and services provided by the Department of
Infrastructure, Energy and Resources, and the Department of Economic
Development, Tourism and the Arts.
Today, I am pleased to provide an update on a number of the
design features of the new department.
Effective from July 1, 2014 the following changes will be
applied across a number of departments:
- The Office for the Coordinator General will be established in the new Department of State Growth with the Coordinator General reporting directly to the Minister for State Growth;
- Skills Tasmania will join the new Department of State Growth;
- Infrastructure Tasmania will be established as a new office and will be supported within the new Department of State Growth, reporting directly to the Minister for Infrastructure;
- The new Planning Reform Taskforce will be housed within the Department of State Growth and report directly to the Minister for Planning;
- A new AgriGrowth Division will be formed within the Department of Primary Industries, Parks, Water and Environment, which will establish a collaborative partnership with the new Department of State Growth;
- Sport and Recreation Tasmanian, which is currently part of DEDTA, will transfer to the Department of Premier and Cabinet to ensure it continues a whole Government focus on health and wellbeing of Tasmanians.
Bringing together these elements of government and ensuring
they have a coordinated focus will maximise outcomes for our economy.
The new department will be up and running from July 1,
pursuing jobs and investment opportunities for Tasmania.
Under the Labor Green minority experiment unemployment in
the state skyrocketed.
The new Department of State Growth will help to deliver this
government's vision to grow the economy and create jobs.
More Media Releases from Matthew Groom
More Media Releases from the Minister for State Growth