Our number one priority through the coronavirus pandemic is the health, wellbeing and safety of Tasmanians.
While the steps we have taken have put us in a good place, we cannot for a second, become complacent. It is so important that we remain vigilant, and that we continue to stick to the rules to keep Tasmanians safe and secure.
We have taken our border restrictions very seriously, and as we have said, we continue to monitor and review the situation in other states on a daily basis.
That is why, based on health advice, given the uncertainty in Victoria right now and the impacts on other states, we will not be opening our borders to other states until at least 31 August.
This means, the changes to our border restrictions with other states including South Australia, Northern Territory and Western Australia that were due to commence from 7 August will not be occurring.
Nor will we be opening to other parts of the country, including QLD, ACT, NSW and Victoria post August 14 as previously indicated.
We will review our circumstances on a weekly basis and I will provide weekly updates as we continue to monitor what is occurring in other states.
As I’ve consistently said, I will not put Tasmanians at risk, and we will continue to make decisions that are safe, sensible, and in the best interest of our State.
I know these are challenging times, but we must continue to move forward safely and responsibly. I urge Tasmanians to continue to do the right thing-practice good hygiene, maintain appropriate social distancing and abide by the COVID-safety plans in place.